Many of the world’s current challenges are linked to logistics. AELER is a Swiss logtech scale-up that is re-inventing the shipping container, the building block of our global economy through which 80% of the world’s goods travel. Our IoT system is at the heart of what makes AELER’s containers smart, offering a platform to enable innovative digital services. Do you want to embark with us on an adventure to rock global logistics? Then please read on.
Responsibilities : As part of the IoT Team, you will...
- Lead electrical design and development of AELER’s IoT systems from concept to production, delivering and ensuring that electrical systems achieve product goals.
- Develop prototypes, conduct rigorous testing, and iterate designs to optimize performance and reliability. Analyze test data and implement improvements.
- Lead electrical architecture definition and requirements engineering, and provide technical leadership to a growing development team.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including R&D, product management, and external manufacturing partners, to translate requirements into functional designs and seamless integration within larger systems.
- Conduct feasibility studies and analysis to evaluate new technologies and components. Propose innovative solutions to enhance product performance and features.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive technical documentation, including design specifications, test procedures, and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with industry standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring our products are compliant with industry safety and emissions standards, including but not limited to ATEX, RED and FCC.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior engineers, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented team environment.
- Work in a distributed team environment with occasional travel to other AELER sites as well as manufacturing partners and suppliers.
Experience : To flourish in this role, you’ll need...
- Must have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in electronic system design and development.
- Proficiency in electronic design tools (CAD, PCB design software, etc.) and simulation software.
- Strong understanding of analog and digital circuit design, microcontrollers, and embedded systems. Experience with low-power electronic systems, GSM/LTE communications, GNSS positioning.
- Experience defining system architecture based on product specification.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams.
- Fluent in English.
- Nice to have
- MS or PHD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of industry experience in electrical design
- Knowledge of ATEX and IECEx directives and standards.
- Experience with physical sensor systems with an understanding of calibration methods.
- Experience in environmental monitoring for industrial applications (temperature, humidity, TVOC, etc).
- Consumer Electronics experience and/or working within a mass production environment.
Benefits : At AELER you will...
- Join a team of talented individuals who believe in Aeler’s mission
- Get stock options in a promising technology scale-up
- Work in a hybrid workspace with minimal hierarchy
- Travel to yearly company retreats where you’ll meet all the Aelerians
- Take part in training that supports both professional and personal growth
- Enjoy min. 25 vacation days per year + national public holidays
- Experience a good work/life-balance. We put human beings first!
Approximate start date
- April 2024
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.